Focus Reactions and Zangief Matchup
The ZangiefBot's purpose is to help train reactions for the parts of the Zangief matchup that are not intuitive to novice players.
By requiring the player to respond to his throws and V-Trigger their defensive reactions can be honed to allow them to have a regular battle with Zangief that depends more on their own character's abilities and the matchup, rather than simply taking damage unexpectedly.
The V-Gauge of the player is set to "Normal" for this bot in order to make the player focus on watching their meter and reacting based on how much meter they have available.
ZangiefBot has stronger defenses than most bots, but generally in the easier forms, can be defeated by staying at longer ranges.
There are a lot of inputs that are hidden in the animations or recovery of other moves, which come out if the bot gets interrupted or the actions get played on different timings.
As with all bots, 1P Health should be set to "Normal". Set 1P CA Gauge to "Auto-Recover", and 1P V-Gauge to "Normal".
Settings for 2P are Health - "Auto-Recover", V-Gauge - "Auto-Recover", CA Gauge - "Normal".
Completing each action gives 1 point. Try to get to 10 points without dying.
- A - Jumping punish versus Running Bear Grab (Action #3)
- B - V-Reversal of Zangief's V-Trigger
- C - Dash in punish his 5HP after it whiffs
- D - Punish his 5HP before it connects (generally with Sweep, but not a projectile)
Depending on your character, these variants will be either easier or more difficult.
- Point System C changes to "Whiff-punishing his 5HP".
- Alternate: Point System C changes to "Parrying his 5HP and landing an EX move followup".
- Easy - Points given for ABCD
- Medium - Points given for BCD
- Hard - Points given for B, C and D, but Sweep cannot be used as a punish for D
- Extreme - Points given for B and C only
1, 4, 4HP (hold), hidden [6MK 4MK], end recording.
5HK, hidden 6HP+LP, 360+HP+LP (should do EX Spinning Piledriver and grab successfully if the HK barely whiffs), end recording
Backwards-styled 360 is preferred
63214MK+LK, hidden 9, repeated MP+MK (optimal is going to 9 via completing the 360) end recording as soon as comfortable with the 9, Zangief does not have to reach opponent for Bear Grab.
PPP, hidden 1HK, 1HP+HK, 1MP+MK, 1LK, end recording (leniency ok, do not hold the HP+HK)
PPP, hidden 1HK, 1HP+HK, 1LK, end recording (leniency ok, do not hold the HP+HK)
From close, 5LP, HP+HK (hold), 1LP, 1LP, 1LP (don't mash too fast), end recording when Zangief goes back to normal standing stance
Note that the 5LP should combo into the held V-Trigger.
Still in progress.