Focus Hit Confirms, Defensive Confirms
After this point, this bot will be referred to as 'BalrogBot' on this page.
The precise requirements of this bot mean that it is mechanically intensive to input for those not familiar with the character, especially on a fightstick, due to the lack of shoulder buttons. However, it is not specifically difficult to do timings beyond that, especially if you are familiar with the character. More specific instructions than usual will be given, about how to set up buttons on a standard PS4 controller, in order to make this experience relatively easier for the user.
This bot's focus is exactly that, focus. The points systems are targeted at high-low mixups, hit confirms and defensive confirms, causing the player to push themselves to pay attention to very small moments and differences in the matchup. Mostly, the bot does not actually do the maximum damage it can do, but it often sets up the situations that lead into that damage, forcing the player to become familiar with them.
It is suggested that the player set a button that is easy to hold while hitting other buttons, to LP+LK for throws, when inputting this bot.
As with all bots, 1P Health should be set to "Normal". Set 1P CA Gauge to "Auto-Recover", and 1P V-Gauge to "Normal" (for Zangief set V-Gauge to "Auto-Recover").
Settings for 2P are Health - "Auto-Recover", V-Gauge - "Auto-Recover" ("Normal" in Easy difficulty), CA Gauge - "Normal".
Completing each action gives 1 point. Try to get to 10 points without dying.
- A - Using 2MK or 2MP to start and finish a combo on Balrog from neutral (treat as hit confirm practice)
- B - Hit Balrog with a combo that starts from a Neutral Jump Attack, but not if the Jump is after your dash, your forward jump, or you knocking Balrog down.
- C - Punish Balrog's Turn-Around Punch with a throw if he is close enough (changed from original version of this point system in Season 3 - Arcade Edition, due to changes in Balrog's frame data - note that this is only safe to attempt while he is not in V-Trigger)
- D - See "Variants" section, especially if your character's 2MK is not a low attack (check using Attack Data option in the main Training Mode menu)
Depending on your character or goals, choose the variant below for Point System D. Do not alter any of the other point systems.
- Attack Balrog with 5HK/6HK and hit confirm/counter-hit confirm this into a combo (R.Mika, Ryu, FANG, Chun-Li, Zeku, Sagat, Cody VT2)
- Attack Balrog with a forward moving attack and hit confirm this into another hit or CA (Nash, Guile, Karin, Ed, G, Blanka, Cody VT1)
- Attack Balrog with a long range HP and hit-confirm this into an appropriate move for the character (Zangief, Laura, Alex, Sakura, Urien, Falke, similar)
- Punish Balrog's Dash Straight with a full combo (any other character)
- Easy - Points given for ABCD, Balrog's V-Gauge is set to "Normal".
- Medium - Points given for ABCD, but you may not throw Balrog to reposition, only as punish for Turn-Around Punch
- Hard - Points given for ACD, the combo for A must use EX Meter (for Zangief, must use V-Cancel)
- Extreme - Points given for A and D only, any combos must use EX Meter (for Zangief, must use V-Cancel)
5LP+LK (hold this input for the entire recording, including when ending it), hidden [5MP] (hold 1 quickly after pressing this), 1MP, hold 1 long enough for a charge, end recording.
If this is correctly done, when replayed into itself, Balrog will only throw once, then continually press 5MP and 1MP.
5LP+LK (hold this input for the entire recording, including when ending it), hidden [6MK, 6MP] 6MP+MK instantly end recording.
When replayed by itself, if done correctly, Balrog should throw once, but then if allowed to hit the opponent, he will do a target combo and an attack out of his V-Skill. If replayed along with Action #1, Balrog should be able to do his dashing Low.
6PPP, 623LK, hidden [3/6MK, 3/6HK], end recording.
This is the action that should allow Balrog to do Turn-Around Punch when combined with any other action. Enabling more other actions at the same time will increase the chances of more powerful Turn-Around Punches.
From just outside throw range, 5LP+LK (hold this input for the entire recording, including when ending it), 1MK, 1MK, 1HP+HK (should function as V-Cancel), end recording after Balrog's 'Try and stop me!' sound, while still holding 1 and LP+LK.
This input is usually ok if the player ends recording relatively late, but it does reduce Balrog's damage somewhat, making the bot less threatening.
From just outside throw range, 5LP+LK (hold this input for the entire recoring, including when ending it), hidden [6MP+HP (can press PPP and it will be input as MP+HP)], 6MP+MK end recording instantly.
When replayed with action #1, this should be fast enough to cause EX Dash Straight.
Still in progress.