Focus Bulldogging and Hit-Confirms
The goals and purpose of GuileBot are simple in their methods, but meant to teach the player how to move forward against a defensive opponent without necessarily relying on throws. Variations in point system are given in that section, but the player is encouraged to come up with their own point system for 'D', according to their style (though some suggestions are given).
This bot's simplicity allows it to be used for multiple things and to act as a good training partner between Ranked/Casual matches, since certain habits can be mentally adapted to using the overall style.
Note that GuileBot initially may seem easy to input due to less complicated hidden inputs, but it requires an understanding of charge timings to use a technique we will call 'edge shifting', blending the start of one action onto the end of a previous action to create a variable charge move outcome, without the drawback of creating easily predicted patterns.
Players unfamiliar with charge characters/timing may need some extra practice doing these moves with the shortest charge window they can manage, so that the bot is not too slow.
Wherever possible, the team has used the frames of normals to fill the gaps for the player automatically.
As with all bots, 1P Health should be set to "Normal". Set 1P CA Gauge to "Auto-Recover", and 1P V-Gauge to "Normal".
Settings for 2P are Health - "Auto-Recover", V-Gauge - "Auto-Recover", CA Gauge - "Auto-Recover".
Completing action A gives 1 point. Guile receives points for certain other actions. Try to get to 10 points before Guile does, and without dying.
- A - Using 2MK or 2MP to start and finish a combo on Guile from neutral
- B - Give Guile 1 point if you jump in on him with an attack that does damage
- C - Give Guile 1 point if you get hit with a Sonic Blade (V-Skill, or V-Skill enhanced Sonic Boom)
- D - See "Variants" section, especially if your character's 2MK is not a low attack (check using Attack Data option in the main Training Mode menu)
Depending on your character or goals, choose the most useful variant below. Do not alter any of the other point systems.
- Hit Guile while he's on the ground with your own projectile (Set Player 1 CA Gauge to normal. M.Bison should not use this point system.)
- Evade Guile's projectile and hit him with a grounded projectile-invincible move (Set Player 1 CA Gauge to Normal. Necalli should not use this point system.)
- Land a full cross-up combo on Guile (Note that Guile still gets a point if your jump-in does not cross up, but gets no points if it does, in Point System B.)
- Push Guile from one side of the screen to the other without throwing him (Once there, jump over him and start over for the next point. Cammy, Vega, and Karin may not use this point system.)
- Ryu, Urien special system: Parry or armor normal Sonic Boom. Do not use V-Trigger.
- Easy - Point System A allows points for meaties with 2MK or 2MP, and you may throw Guile to reposition
- Medium - Point System A allows points for meaties with 2MK or 2MP, but you may not throw Guile to reposition
- Hard - Point System A no longer allows points for meaty attacks, therefore true neutral only, and you may not throw Guile at all
- Extreme - Point System A grants no points at all, points are gained only from Point System D (if using Ryu or Urien, use his specific point system)
Charge 1, 1MP+MK, hidden [1HP, 1HP+HK], end recording before Sonic Blade (V-Skill) vanishes.
6HP+LP, immediately hold 1, hidden [1HK]
Make sure to only end recording after the 6HP ends.
9MK, hold 1, press 1HK just before Guile lands (therefore hidden), end recording when he is on the ground.
From far, 6LP+LK (whiffed throw), 6HK, hold 1, 1MK, end recording.
6MP, hidden [LP, HP], hold 1, 1HP, 1LP, end recording.
Note that the 1HP and 1LP are definitely not hidden.
Still in progress.