Focus Closing In and Match-Up
The intention of this bot is to help train your ability to find gaps in an opponent's movements and take advantage of them to get close. The bot is designed to simulate the situations and stress of when Falke has the life lead and you therefore need skills and understanding of your options relative to Falke's keep out game to get in on her. The point systems for this bot are more complex than most other bots and are very character dependent. Use what points make most sense to you in terms of difficult things your character needs more practice to maintain consistently. There are a lot of match-up specific things to learn that are not included in the point system as the points aim to train you on the most stressful parts of the match up and it is therefore suggested to train those other responses as well to gain full match-up understanding.
FalkeBot is intended to use many moves to keep the opponent from approaching from the front, while using as many of Falke's tools as possible to help players also learn certain less obvious parts of the matchup. This bot is much more like a kata in that while the bot does not put a lot of pressure on the player by approaching, the difficulty comes from trying to hold on to all the pieces at once. To get the most from your training, maintaining a certain range relative to the opponent and reacting to what FalkeBot does is necessary in order to understand as many of your options and interactions with Falke as possible.
Part of the complexity of entering this bot will be held buttons along with held charge while doing other things. While the inputs for this bot may seem easy due to the less complicated hidden inputs compared to other bots, the neccesity of certain first frame inputs, and holding buttons during executing the action, may cause certain players difficulty and create a need to alter their control config to make certain inputs easier. Additionally, if a player is struggling with FirstFrame inputs, they should practice doing so before trying to do the full input.
As with all bots, 1P Health should be set to "Normal". The 1P CA Gauge can be set to "Auto-Recover" or "Normal" at the user's preference, and 1P V-Gauge to "Normal" or "Auto Recover" at the user's preference as well, depending on what resources they need available to do the combos they wish to practice if doing the easy version.
These settings may change based on your goals, explained in the Difficulty section below.
Settings for 2P are V-Trigger 2 (Psycho Angriff) (though this is not strictly required), Health - "Auto-Recover", V-Gauge - "Auto-Recover", CA Gauge - "Auto Recover".
Completing each action gives 1 point. Try to get to 10 points without dying.
Points System - Universal
- A - Hit Falke out of her air shot on her way down (jump over the shot or dash under it depending on range). If dashing under and striking, make sure that your strike does not land a counter-hit. Alternately, Safe jump (, an empty jump from far away that lands close to the opponent and blocks) in response to Falke's neutral jump. Point doesn't count if she uses her standing medium kick. Also give yourself a point for maximum punish of Psycho Schneider after a Safe Jump even if you are not normally taking points for punishes of Psycho Schneider.
- B - Dash in and block, or use an advancing move that is safe on block, after Falke's 6HP.
- C - Maintain your optimal FalkeBot spacing and maximum punish her V-Trigger swing attack (not the actual V-Trigger activation one), particularly when it is canceled from her 2MK. Optimal FalkeBot spacing allows you to do your maximum punish against her aerial shot and evades Falke's crouching heavy punch while crouching.
Point System - Variants
"Uppercut" Characters (Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Cammy, Necalli)
- Points A, B, C are taken from the Universal Points System above without changes
- D - Use your 'uppercut' style attack (Shoryuken, Cannon Spike, Rising Light, etc) to hit Falke on reaction to her jumps
"Slow Dash" Characters (FANG, Bison(Dictator), Dhalsim, Zangief, Kolin in some styles)
- Points, A, B, C are taken from the Universal Points System above without changes, but for the purposes of 'difficulty levels' consider B and C to be switched
- D - Maximum damage punish of EX Psycho Schneider depending on range (since characters with slow dashes also tend to have spacing dependent Crush Counter punishes)
- Dhalsim- For Goal B replace with maintaining spacing range where Falke would normally want to push buttons in neutral and use light yoga fire in reaction to her hitting moves in neutral instead of dashing in.
"Armored" Characters (Laura, Alex, R.Mika, Abigail, Birdie, Balrog (Boxer), Urien)
- Points A, B, C are taken from the Universal Points System above
- D - Whiff punish Falke's crouching MK or HP with your Armored attack.
"Sliding crouching HK" Characters (Menat, Vega(Claw), Ibuki, Bison (Dictator, in some styles), Zeku)
- Only Points A and C are taken from the Universal Points System above
- B - Whiff Punish Falke's 6HP in neutral with slide (it must not actually hit you).
- D - Space yourself correctly so that when you slide to whiff punish moves other than her 6HP, if Falke blocks, you should be safe from counterattacks, and take a point if this works (with Falke's current buttons you should be able to hit your own crouching MK on all such characters without getting counter-hit by anything other than EX Psycho Schneider if correct). We suggest using your own judgement on if to take the point if you hit FalkeBot with the slide.
"High Mobility" Characters (Karin, Chun-Li, Rashid, Ed, Kolin, Nash)
- Points A, B, and C are taken from the Universal Points System above, but we suggest seeking stricter conditions/more damage for Point System A
- D - Whiff punish Falke's crouching HP with a quick ranged attack
- Easy - Points given for ABCD (see below for things that are allowed in this difficulty but restricted later)
- Medium - Points given for BCD
- Hard - Points given for B and D only, additional Points now granted for maximum punish of EX Psycho Schneider, 1P CA Gauge set to "Normal"
- Extreme - Points given for B and D only
Record from close if not confident in the timing.
FirstFrame 2MK, cancel into 5HP+HK, hidden  end recording instantly
This input requires the first frame input in order for certain other edge shifts to work correctly but can be used for a bit without it. If done correctly this input should be able to perform Falke's VT-2 into CA when played into itself and along with other inputs allow her to do her stomp/divekick. This input is designed to make sure that the bot simulates the stress of Falke's high burst damage, which can radically shift the amount of stress and tension performing the more technical parts of the match-up.
First Frame 5MP+LK+MK+HK (no plink), hidden [6987(4 or 8) 5MP+MK] end recording instantly
Doing this input can be difficult due to the complex first frame input. It is important that it is first frame and not plinked. Use MP + a set Triple Kick button if you are having difficulty using your V-Skill button + LK and HK. We recommend changing your controls to whatever makes performing the first frame input easiest. When played into itself, it should result in a continual V-Skill. This input allows Falke to jump in random directions in response to being hit or having her rhythm interrupted, and allow her air shot game to be more prevalent. When combined with Actions #5 and #4, should usually be able to punish a character dashing in and attempting to throw her after they block her 6HP.
5PPP, hidden [3HK 5MK (MK can be held, or not, at the user's preference, the difference is usually clear)], end recording
5PPP, hidden [3HK 5MK], end recording instantly
If done correctly, when played into itself Falke should be able to combo from standing medium kick into EX Psycho Schneider in the perfect version. It can be difficult to get this perfectly timed, which is why the acceptable version is the one with the 'instant end' recording. To test this, poke Falke with a light or poke button after the EX Psycho Schneider. The perfect version of this input will allow Falke to do regular Psycho Schneider, when combined with Action #4 or #5. Falke has need for triple buttons for EX moves. Therefore holding buttons in the final two inputs will be important in the complexity of the bot.
(NOT firstframe) 6HP(hold) hidden [44 (backdash) 6987(41, or 1)], end recording
If done correctly Falke should backdash after hitting you with 6HP and randomly do jumping HP when poked. If the input is FirstFrame, she will be less likely to use her 6HP and more likely to use her shots. To get the complete experience of this bot it is recommended you make sure that you do NOT FirstFrame this input, to train against an opponent that is better at keeping out. This input is intended to make her behave more like a keep away character and to make her jump even more unpredictable.
Firstframe 1MP(hold to end), hidden [1HP (mashable, at least 2x is good, 4x less so)] (4)8 end recording
When done correctly Falke should be able to neutral jump into her air shot as well as do her ground shot as a frame trap or cancel out of her crouching HP attack. To test if this works correctly turn on Actions #4 and #5. This input is intended to give her anti-air capacity as well as complete the complexity of her projectile game. Directional inputs before the 8 (neutral jump) such as the suggested 4 are both variable and optional, we suggest not giving her more forward or backward jumps, but this can be adjusted according to what type of play you see in your Falke matchups.
Still in progress.